Eyelid Surgery In Myrtle Beach, SC
Naturally, as we grow older we age. Wrinkles and lines are inevitable, and unavoidable as we grow older each year. Luckily, there are ways to alter this progression to maintain a youthful and natural look for years to come. Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is the optimal procedure for anyone looking to achieve the look they’ve always desired. For those in the Myrtle Beach area, visit Sculpted Figures for all your surgical needs.
Eyelid Surgery Can:
- Tighten loose or droopy skin that, with age, can become folded over the eyes, oftentimes impairing proper vision
- Remove puffiness due to excess fatty tissues in the upper eyelids
- Remove the proverbial ‘bags’ under the eyes
- Restore the lower eyelids to their proper place just under the iris, as opposed to sagging so low that the whites of the eyes are seen
- Remove delicate, fine wrinkles on the lower eyelids
Is Eyelid Surgery Right for Me?
As with any cosmetic enhancement surgery, you should first consider your motivations for surgery to be sure that you’re choosing surgery for yourself and not to fulfill someone else’s’ desires or expectations of you or your body. It is a very personal matter and any decision for surgery should come after careful consideration of all the facts and emotions involved.
At the consultation, we will also:
- Evaluate your current health
- Evaluate the extent of corrective surgery needed to achieve the results desired
- Photographically document the eye area
- Based on the information gathered, your surgeon will discuss your surgical options and recommend a course of treatment
- Disclose the risk of common complications associated with eyelid surgery and the use of anesthesia
- Cover what to do the day of surgery
- Cover post-operative care and recovery
Preparing for Surgery
In the weeks before surgery, we may request:
- Further laboratory testing or medical evaluations
- Adjusting current prescriptions
- That you avoid the consumption of alcohol drugs and abstain from smoking for a certain period surrounding surgery.
As with any plastic surgery procedure, the idea is that scars left by incisions are as small and as inconspicuous as possible. Therefore, the eyelid incisions are made to fit inside the natural creases in the eye areas. Excess skin and fat from the upper eyelid area can be removed or redistributed with an incision just inside the crease of the upper eyelid. Undesired fat and skin can be removed from the lower eyelid with an incision that runs just under the lower eye lash, or it can be made inside the actual lower lid, hiding scars completely.
Closing the Incisions
There are three common methods of closing eyelid incisions. They can be used together, and they are:
- Sutures that are either removed or absorbed by the body
- Surgical tape
- Suture clips
If you are looking for a best eyelid surgery center, Please call Sculpted Figures Plastic Surgery office at 839-5995 to schedule your complimentary consultation or for more information. You can also email our patient coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.